Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

It's will be the 4th time I am privileged to be greeted "happy mother's day" on this special occasion and each year has been a different feeling for me...

Mother's day was celebrated last May 13, 2012 and I, like millions of mother around the world receive messages and greetings in emails, chats, FB, you name it...It's a special feeling and it is an honor...I was presented by an art craft made of a heart and a song from my ever dearest sweet daughter...She has her ways making this day special for me.. She even greeted me in advance. =)

This year, I felt 3 things regarding my current status as a single mother. Let me elaborate these to you:

1. I felt a little envy. I found my colleagues at work talking about how they will celebrate it with their husbands and how their husbands would surprise them and deep in my heart there is a little pain, not because I do not have David beside me but "there is nobody beside me". I am alone and I let myself be alone for 4 years..I was thinking at the back of my mind how it would be nice to celebrate it with somebody other than my child.

2. I think of myself pretty again, I felt happy... as in satisfaction happy..let's just say I can still make heads turn even at 35.. =P

3. I felt very offended, I just don't understand why some people just any how tell others your situation as if it's not in a personal level and they do this just to feed their egos. One of my caring guy colleagues asked me innocently " earlene, why do they greet you mother's day when you are single, are you not offended?", I answered him nicely and told him that I have a child therefore I am a mother. But my girl colleague just butt in and said can't you get it "she is a single mom"...haaizzz...and it did not stop her from telling each person who would ask who am I? she will always add this 5 little words " she is a single mom" as if I have a scarlet letter on my forehead..I don't deny it, but I do not want every single living creature in this planet know. I do not want people to pity me and my child, and I do not want them to belittle  us just because a selfish guy just cannot be responsible...

Single mom, or a married mom, what ever it is, the mother day was celebrated to honor the women who were given a chance to have a child/children and took that chance and decided to bring a life to this world.  I salute all those women out there, it's not easy and motherhood is a choice and a journey that is for ever.....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, LADIES....

No comments: